Barrel is a digital agency that designs, builds, and optimizes e-commerce websites for brands. We work with exciting brands across fashion, beauty, CPG, and home goods. We are a highly collaborative and fully distributed team.
We are looking for a Strategist to help support our ecommerce clients and new business efforts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading new business phone calls with inbound and outbound prospects looking for Shopify website design and development work.
- Working with business development team and team leads to craft proposals and SOWs for qualified opportunities.
- Working with our account teams to figure out best approaches to various ecommerce challenges (e.g. optimizing Shopify workflows, recommending the right apps, retention marketing, etc.).
- Being point of contact for select partnerships with tech solutions, agencies, and other platforms/orgs. Includes communicating developments to our internal team and sharing updates with partners as well as exploring potential co-marketing opportunities.
- Attending industry events and conferences to network and nurture existing relationships with partners, clients, and prospects.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Great communicator both in conversations and in writing; ability to synthesize and clearly articulate complex topics in easy-to-understand ways
- Professional, organized, and meticulous attention to detail
- Proactive and works with a sense of urgency
- Open to feedback and making necessary changes to improve performance
- Resourceful and creative in developing solutions; unafraid to bring ideas to the table
- High integrity and follow-through on promises
We prefer candidates with experience and knowledge of:
- Shopify tech ecosystem, including intimate knowledge of Shopify Plus, Recharge, and Klaviyo.
- Agency experience as an account manager, strategist, or other client-facing role
- Digital marketing, analytics, and SEO