Who We Are: We're builders, entrepreneurs, and problem-solvers who draw our inspiration from the incredible leaders we serve. Nearly 15 years ago, we set out to find a better way to help the country's leading startups navigate the financial hazards that follow their first institutional funding. Today, Propeller's 350+ full-time professionals on three continents are proud to be considered the premier finance and accounting partner to many of the most iconic emerging companies across the CPG, DTC, Technology, Crypto, and Professional Services industries. We are more than just an outsourced CFO and accounting provider; we are a growth partner for our clients. With a best-in-class technology platform, coupled with unparalleled data and workflow optimization tools, we give founders the visibility and confidence to make smarter decisions.
Title: Senior Accountant
Reports To: Director of Accounting, Pod Leader
Location: Remote (In person meetings as needed)
The Senior Accountant is responsible for delivering value and accounting services to clients from Propeller's portfolio of fast-growing consumer brand, ecommerce, technology and professional services companies. The role offers growth and exposure across several industries.
The Senior Accountant works closely with our Accounting Managers, as well as others at Propeller, to handle accounting transactions across several clients. The ideal candidate possesses a solid operational and technical accounting background, strong communication skills, and the proven ability to juggle priorities and work proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter and flexible, has a high level of integrity; is action and goal-oriented; and is comfortable in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment. The Senior Accountant must be able to prioritize and multi-task as they will be involved with each area of the accounting cycle for a variety of businesses. There will be some client interaction (verbal and written) as well as problem-solving, and administrative work.
Accounting & Reporting
- Support the accounting team with more complex reconciliations including: inventory, deferred revenue, tradespend and payroll, etc.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations monthly for accuracy
- Assist with local compliance filings, business property tax, business licenses,1099s, etc.
- Assist the Accounting Manager with tax, audit and due diligence requests
- Maintain consistent accounting policies and procedures across client portfolio
- Support the Propeller team with email management to ensure timely responses
- Develop an understanding of client teams' needs and business models
- At least 3-4 years of operational accounting experience
- Proactive communicator with problem solving and organizational skills
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experienced in QBO or Netsuite
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with inventory management and/or revenue recognition
- Experience working in e-commerce, consumer packaged goods, crypto or SaaS a plus
DEI Statement: At Propeller Industries, we encourage our employees and our clients to bring their true selves to the organization. We believe that a diverse team enables us to cultivate and improve upon our culture of inclusion and collaboration. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome the contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran's status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. So however you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply for this role if you share our passion for helping great entrepreneurs build great companies. We look forward to meeting you!
Salary range: $59,000 - $89,000 plus benefits and 401k match
Current Benefits Offered: Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday pay, Comprehensive health benefits (with a fully paid medical plan option for employees) plus dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance. HSA contribution, Paid Family Leave, 401k match and Remote Work. We also help you grow in your professional life.