Who We Are
Babylist is the leading digital destination for growing families. For over a decade, Babylist has been the technology solution for expecting parents and the community that supports them, expanding from baby registry into a full-service platform that helps parents make decisions with confidence, stay connected and build happy and healthy families. Every year Babylist helps over 9M people make purchases through its registry, app, ecommerce shop and comprehensive product guides. The Babylist ecosystem now includes Babylist Health, which provides access to products and services including insurance-covered breast pumps, Expectul, a new voice in health and wellness for pre-pregnancy through postpartum care, and The Push, a branded content studio that works with the biggest companies in the baby space. With over 59M monthly pageviews and 1.2M TikTok followers, Babylist is a generational brand leading the $88 billion baby product industry. To learn more about Babylist's registry options, editorial content and more, visit www.babylist.com
Our Ways of Working
We have team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. This means we put in extra effort to make sure we connect and collaborate in ways that make sense for us. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees.
We know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to build those relationships with team members in other cities, we meet with coworkers in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These offsites are expected of employees and are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually.
What The Role Is
Babylist is looking for a Marketing and Promotions Manager to play a pivotal role in shaping and executing our shopping and promotions strategy. The ideal candidate will implement and optimize promotional strategies including but not limited to: growing our Gift Card business, increasing our shop visibility to existing and new customers, and owning the user experience of the Hello Baby Box, one of our most successful acquisition drivers.
This role will report to the Associate Director of Program and Audience Development and work cross functionally across our Marketing, Product, Engineering, Business Development and Finance teams.
Who You Are
- 5-8 years of experience in ecommerce marketing, ideally at content+commerce companies generating $50-$800M annual revenue
- Must have experience in Gift Card marketing/Gift Card marketing expert
- You have a proven track record in developing & executing successful ecommerce marketing strategies, measured by significant revenue growth
- You are an A+ project manager
- You are a persuasive written and verbal communicator, strong ability to advocate for limited cross functional resources
- You set and measure KPIs; identify effectiveness and impact of marketing with tracking and analysis to make changes accordingly
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across teams and influence stakeholders at all levels
- You are user centered and customer focused. You have a deep understanding of the customer and effectively propose solutions and opportunities to meet those needs
How You Will Make An Impact
- Translate our approach to shopping marketing into actionable plans and work cross functionally across product, engineering, marketing, finance and partnerships to execute on the plans.
- In you first year you will be leading the strategy and execution of growing our existing $XXM Gift Card business (both in selling more gift cards and encouraging more gift card redemptions)
- You will optimize the user experience and narrative for the Hello Baby Box, one of our most successful acquisition drivers
- You will also be focused on presenting and gaining alignment with Marketing Leadership on what projects/programs will result in the most revenue impact and customer engagement/delight, then lead end-to-end execution.
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We invest in the infrastructure you'll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people's lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are an antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
Babylist takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location.
The estimated pay range for this role is: $99,000.00 - $149,000.00
In addition, Babylist offers equity, bonus, and benefits, including company paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) matching, flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies.
If your experience is close to what we're looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.