Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Hardware Marketing & Channels Team is responsible for growing Square through hardware sales and hardware-owned channels. We do this by optimizing our Retail and ecommerce distribution channels (product portfolio, merchandising, etc) and our hardware product marketing (e.g. pricing, offer, messaging) across all marketing channels. This role will evaluate strategic questions across the team, present recommendations to drive decisions among senior leaders, and work cross-functionally to evangelize and ensure strategy decisions are implemented.This role is based in the US or Canada, but will work on strategy and cross-functional implementation across Square’s 8 markets. It will cover our full existing hardware portfolio and will contribute to future portfolio decisions. It will also work closely with teams across Hardware (e.g. product management, demand planning and logistics), as well as non-hardware product and product marketing teams, Central Marketing, and our central Seller Experience product team.We are looking for a highly motivated, top performer to join the team. The right candidate will be strategic, analytical, results-oriented, highly cross-functionally savvy, and an excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Help identify and implement new opportunities that grow Square’s hardware business
- Investigate cross-hardware questions like hardware partnership business models, hardware financing program changes, expedited shipping pricing, accidental damage coverage and in-person setup support needs, etc. and then work to operationalize them cross-functionally in the organization
- Partner with Hardware Marketing & Channels Team lead to draw insights from weekly hardware dashboards across sales and product usage and recommend resulting actions
- Collaborate with Retail Channel team to frame strategy decisions by deriving insights from data, such as retail channel investment, potential new partnerships, and marketing attribution
- Collaborate with e-commerce Channel team to frame strategy decisions by gathering insights to identify business opportunities, inform merchandising and gain cross-team buy-in
- Collaborate with Product and Product Marketing on various future hardware portfolio strategy questions and make recommendations based on internal and external data
- 12+ years of professional experience
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and history of using data to drive decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience communicating complex, large-scale concepts clearly and simply
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Comfort leading initiatives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Prior experience in consulting, strategic product marketing, or another strategy-related role
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300Zone B: USD $207,200 - USD $253,200Zone C: USD $196,000 - USD $239,600Zone D: USD $184,900 - USD $225,900To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.