Let's Grow Together
Our mission is to live our “at your side” promise and simplify and enrich the lives of our customers, employees, and communities. "At your side" is more than a slogan to us; it’s the purpose we do our best to fulfill every day. With a legacy spanning over a century, this is a great place to launch or expand any career and push the boundaries of what comes next. We're committed to achieving shared success, and we provide opportunities for you to develop through experience, exposure and education. Our people have always leveraged their unique perspectives to keep us on the right track for a lasting future. If you want to innovate, learn, and grow with a global leader that builds products, services, and a company people love, then we’ll be “at your side” every step of the way.
The Manager, Regional Sales, Retail & E-Commerce (RSM) manages all sales-related activities within the Retail & E-Commerce environment to increase business and drive sales revenue for the company, specifically for the Home Appliance Division (HAD) focused on the sewing & crafting market. This role is responsible for managing assigned accounts, developing sales strategies/business plans, and achieving goals through general account management, building customer relationships, managing effective promotional planning, and accurate forecasting. The RSM is expected to work collaboratively with other internal groups to fulfill administrative/reporting requirements, solidify strategy, increase sales, and grow the business.
This role travels frequently to drive & develop business (up to 60%).
Duties and Responsibilities
Retail & E-Commerce Account Management
- Manage Brother distributors and Retail / E-Commerce accounts with the goal of increasing business and sales revenue
- Build strong relationships with customers and provide a high-level of customer service for all requests, inquiries, and programs
- Lead customer meetings to drive sales, including but not limited to the following tasks: conduct scoping calls/meetings, prepare agendas, analyze business, review competitive information, plan product transitions, generate product proposals, deliver customer presentations, plan advertising, review initiatives, and develop relationships with buying teams and supply chain contacts
- Manage a large volume of product placements, promotions, advertisements, and other programs, ensuring business goals are met or exceeded
- Monitor customers’ eCommerce websites to ensure Brother products are represented and marketed appropriately; identify opportunities to enhance Brother’s online presence through a variety of formats
- Prospect for new business, recognizing opportunities within accounts that could lead to new product or category placements
- Review credit issues, approve/process claims, gather resolve chargeback issues
- Stay current with market and competitive trends in a rapidly changing environment
- Provide feedback to sales and marketing leadership for strategic decisions
Forecasting & Supply Chain Management
- Ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained for Brother, our customers, and our distributors
- Ensure accounts maximize turns and promotional opportunities
- Work closely with accounts to manage inventory, turns, transition timing and forecasting
- Work with our internal supply chain team to communicate account information, routing guides, special requests, and processes
- Ensure orders continue flowing to support business
Promotional Planning, Implementation, and Follow-Up
- Manage our promotional processes, including but not limited to promo forms, promo forecasts, communications with the distributor team, promo implementation, and promo verification
- Ensure promotional activity is in alignment with organizational/divisional goals
General Administrative Functions
- Complete weekly and/or monthly reports, communicate sales updates/requests internally, schedule meetings, review roadmaps, review product updates, complete setup information for accounts and execute on other administrative tasks, as needed
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) Business, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Experience managing accounts/territories within the Retail / E-Commerce Sales environment, with demonstrated sales results Minimum 7 years Required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel) Intermediate Required
- Knowledge of Retail & E-Commerce business Intermediate Required
- Knowledge of Salesforce Basic Preferred
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and build positive client relationships Required
- Demonstrated ability to increase sales and close on accounts Required
- Excellent negotiation & influence skills Required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written), with the ability to effectively deliver presentations Required
- Ability to diagnose customer issues & problem-solve for solutions Required
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external teams Required
- Strong skills in time management, planning, organization, and follow-up Required
What We Offer Our Employees
We offer an above-market benefits package that includes a choice of Health Insurance plans (including Dental and Vision Insurance), a generous 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), and more! Plus, if you’re considering an advanced degree that would help you achieve your development and career goals, Brother USA offers a highly competitive tuition reimbursement program.
Apply today to learn why Forbes called Brother one of the World’s Best Employers (2020) and NJBIZ called Brother one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey (2022)!
This role will be a hybrid role. Subject to business needs, employees may work remotely up to two days per week. Assigned office days will be determined by managers.
- The salary (or hiring) range for this position is $77,000 - $96,000 per year
- Starting salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, location, and alignment with market data
- This position is eligible to participate in the relevant Brother variable pay incentive plan(s). Applicable bonus awards are discretionary and contingent upon 1) achievement of your individual objectives and 2) Brother achieving its corporate and business-level objectives
- Benefits include, but are not limited to, healthcare and wellness coverage, life and disability insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and Paid Time Off. Details are available at https://mybenefits.nfp.com/Brother/2023/guidebook/
Brother International Corporation has earned its reputation as a premier provider of home office and business products, home appliances for the sewing and crafting enthusiast as well as industrial solutions that revolutionize the way we live and work. Brother International Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brother Industries Ltd. With worldwide sales exceeding $6 billion, this global manufacturer was started more than 100 years ago. Bridgewater, New Jersey is the corporate headquarters for Brother in the Americas. It has fully integrated sales, marketing services, manufacturing, research and development capabilities located in the U.S. In addition to its headquarters, Brother has facilities in California, Illinois and Tennessee, as well as subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Peru and Mexico. For more information, visit www.brother.com.
Brother International Corporation ("Brother") is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or make employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal laws. If you require any physical or other assistance in completing this application, a reasonable accommodation will be made upon request.