We are the movers of the world and the makers of the future. We get up every day, roll up our sleeves and build a better world -- together. At Ford, we’re all a part of something bigger than ourselves. Are you ready to change the way the world moves?
Enterprise Technology plays a critical part in shaping the future of mobility. If you’re looking for the chance to leverage advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience and improve people’s lives, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help create vehicles that are as smart as you are.
In this position...
The Marketplaces eCommerce Product Manager (PM) is responsible for understanding customer needs and external 3rd party marketplace functionality, managing day-to-day optimization, and identifying features/functionality/actions to deliver value for our parts, accessories, and merchandise business. The PM will be the eCommerce marketplaces subject matter expert and work cross-functionally with other Product Managers, engineers, and business partners to execute on these actions.
REMOTE: We’re looking for the best talent no matter where you are in the United States. If you’re ready to make it easy for our customers to find and buy parts, accessories, or merchandise, we want you on our team! Some early hours (7 am ET) may be necessary as we work with global teams, and travel to the Dearborn, MI office for workshops is estimated to occur every two months
What you'll do...
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
40% – Strategy & Planning, 30% – Delivery & Execution, & 30% – People:
- Drive business value every day through sales, improving efficiency, and customer satisfaction improvement
- Gain a thorough understanding of current and evolving customer and 3 rd party marketplace needs, trends, competitive activity, & technology advancement
- Collaborate with business partners to translates business goals and end user needs into strategy
- Manage 3 rd party marketplace daily performance and optimization
- Lead 3 rd party marketplace integration activities with other product managers, engineers, and business teams for corrections, updates, new requirements, and joint enhancements
- Create well-defined features, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Use data to identify opportunities, forecast feature value to set goals, KPI’s, and prioritization
- Identify feature/enhancement pros, cons, issues, obstacles, and dependencies
- Formulates, tests and refines assumptions and hypotheses through user research and testing to refine features and stories
- Creates, prioritizes and accepts user stories; incorporates them into release planning
- Participates in standups, iteration planning sessions, product demos and retrospectives
- Condenses complex technical concepts into non-technical language for stakeholders & leadership
- Subject Matter Expert to educate and support team knowledge and effectiveness
- Fosters collaboration with team members (Engineering, UX, Business, Finance, etc.) to drive value and collectively identify and resolve impediments
- Advocates for the end user and stakeholder by empathizing with and understanding user needs
- Regularly works with the product team to continuously assess progress, disseminate lessons learned, and understands next steps
- Manages cross functional team and stakeholder expectations to execute on product strategy
- Promotes “Caring for Each Other”
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience working as a Product Manager with demonstrated experience with modern software development product management practices and agile methodologies. At least one of the years must include eCommerce experience.
- 1+ years of experience with 3 rd party marketplace management, optimization, and integration with ebay, Amazon, Walmart, Google Merchant Center/Shopping, social commerce or similar.
Even better, you may have...
- Master’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience with 3 rd party marketplaces (i.e. ebay, Amazon, Walmart, etc.), Google Merchant Center/Shopping, and social commerce
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership, self-starter and proactive attitude
- Demonstrated successful experience with 3 rd party marketplace management, optimization, and integration
- Experience working as a Product Manager, with experience specifically the extreme programming (XP) principles of paired programming, test driven development, and continuous deployment
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, fluid environment where priorities shift on a regular basis
- Delivers results consistently even under tough circumstances
- Ability to break down complex tasks or requirements into simpler, more manageable tasks
- Experience communicating with and influencing functional and technical team members at all levels in the organization
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to gather customer insights and prioritize product features appropriately
- Experience conducting user research and testing to understand need
- Experience using data to identify goals, metrics, and inform future product needs with business valuation
- Experience conducting competitive research and analysis
- Aptitude to recognize roadblocks and escalate issues as needed
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we've outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
- Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up childcare and more
- Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
- Tuition assistance
- Established and active employee resource groups
- Paid time off for individual and team community service
- A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here:
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660.