Come and be a part of the exciting and dynamic world of L'Oréal USA as a Junior Marketing Associate! The L'Oréal USA 12-Month Junior Marketing Associate (JMA) internship program allows creative visionaries and strategic thinkers to enhance their marketing knowledge in a fast-paced and hands-on environment. The JMA program is paid internship opportunity for candidates who have already graduated with a degree within the last 12 months and is able to work 40 hours per week.
We are looking for a Junior Marketing Associate to join the Biolage Social/PR/E-Retail team in Hudson Yards, NYC. Biolage is a haircare brand in our Professional Products Division that specializes in products for salons, hairstylists and consumers. The JMA will be responsible for supporting the digital execution of our brand marketing priorities, reporting to the Senior Manager for Digital/Social/PR.
Learn more about all the different functions that fall under the Junior Marketing Associate Program here including Global Marketing & Product Development (DMI), Operational (US) Marketing, Social/Influencer/PR, and Digital (eCommerce, Analytics, etc.)
- Interest in beauty industry and social & digital beauty landscape
- Ability to work autonomously, strong organization and planning in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Sharp analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, including ability to present with clarity & ability to create a network of influence
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Lead in ownership with Senior Manager on managing the launch influencer campaigns in partnership with Agency
- Collaborate with Senior Manager to create a Pinterest strategy for the Biolage Pinterest page & work with Creative to create pins
- Collaborate with Senior Manager on owned TikTok strategy and ongoing gifting campaign to ensure we are fueling our advocacy strategy & engaging micro influencers
- Reaching out to creators & stylists to develop our gifting/influencer network
- Look for existing content that we could repurpose for owned TikTok channel to fuel our feed
- Manage TikTok community management; engaging with people who are tagging the brand by liking and commenting back on posts
- Manage weekly Facebook page post cadence & community manage all Facebook comments on a daily basis
- Work with DMI (Global Marketing/Product Development team) to get Instagram monthly calendar to leverage for planning of weekly posts
- Work with DMI to ensure no products that the DMI are posting are out of stock in the USA
- Create monthly SSC social posts for salon centric sales team and Biolage salons
- Work with Salon Centric Social team to identify It Takes A Pro Biolage squad team members, co-create briefs and send out products to each team member per launch
- Provide Salon Centric with monthly Biolage UGC hair social posts to be featured on the SC Instagram channel
- Partner with Director of Education & Senior Manager of Digital to identify which artists (hairstylists) would be best for Salon Centric IG story takeovers for specific launches
- Partner with Director of Education to understand “Shop and Learn” topics, artists and times and create a social tile to be posted on IG stories and the Biolage Facebook page; work with Manager of Platforms to ensure consistency with CRM (email) strategy
- Create a monthly social giveaway strategy across Facebook, IG and SC IG to actively engage our Biolage community
- Update salon resources social assets with new Big Bets and launch content
- Create Social Posts/deck on a monthly basis to provide to top accounts
- Own Opera and Salsify management for all new launches and brand renovation
- Manage Amazon, Ulta, JCPenny A+ content with Director of OmniChannel E-retail
- Collaborate with Director of OmniChannel E-retail on DSP support for Amazon
- Recent graduate (within 12 months) of a BA degree in a marketing or digital related field.
- Previous internship related to marketing or digital is a plus
- Legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime, permanent, and ongoing basis without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Self-starter and capable of working under minimum supervision
- Well-developed computer skills, including Word, Excel and Power Point required
- Ability to manage, prioritize multiple assignments and work efficiently while remaining flexible to unforeseen changes in direction
- Flexibility to commute to location of the specific Junior Marketing Associate role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, planning skills and follow up skills
- Enthusiastic team player who thrives in a team environment, creative/innovative thinker with a passion for process improvement
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and sense of urgency in a fast paced work environment
- Passion for the beauty industry
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.