Job Description Summary
The Field Marketing Manager will provide marketing management and execution support for a discreet group of Sonesta hotels. Hotels to be supported will be defined and reviewed regularly, and will include ongoing and ad hoc needs. Priorities of the role will vary, but will include leading the execution and assisting in the development of strategies for client and guest promotions, with an overall objective of driving incremental revenue to the hotel. A key focus will be a concentration on regional and local marketing programs, including hotel specific email marketing and co-operative marketing in collaboration with supported hotels. Leveraging social media to support both promotions and to drive incremental business will be an ongoing responsibility. The successful candidate will be highly effective at collaborating with Sonesta corporate team and with their local and regional Operations, Sales and Revenue Management team members to increase revenue within their supported markets.
- Advertising and Marketing
- Consumer marketing focus on the leisure segment
- Business to Business marketing with particular support to the group & BT sales team
- Brand Support
- Executing and supporting corporate brand programs at the local hotel level
- Serve as the local brand ambassador
- Manage photoshoots as needed
- Social Media
- Public Relations
- Reputation Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop promotional plans to be featured in Sonesta marketing efforts. Ensure programs/offers provide significant returns while supporting Sonesta corporate goals, including driving business through all distribution channels.
- Work closely with the e-commerce organization to maximize promotional efforts by ensuring synergy of activities, in particular merchandizing of hotel rate programs and local digital advertising.
- Maintain property web sites for all hotels in region including developing home page news emphasizing local events and landing pages for various promotions to enhance SEO.
- Develop plans to utilize partnerships and social media in impactful ways to support both national and individual brand promotional efforts.
- Strategies to leverage Travel Pass and all appropriate Sonesta marketing programs. Strategies should have superior ROI's and be industry leading in nature.
- Maintain accurate documentation and reporting of all results of specific marketing programs and activities within their region.
- Leverage, when appropriate, hotel teams to perform regional marketing activities as directed by sales and operations management.
- Support local Public Relations needs such as sourcing stories and touring local press and prospective marketing partners within the region to create awareness.
- Provide weekly reports as directed by the organization regarding previous week’s activity and upcoming activities.
- Assist in the development of annual budgets and marketing plans for each hotel managed.
- Lead all reputation management efforts to include the monitoring of TripAdvisor and TrustYou web sites along with partnering with local operational teams to respond accordingly when needed.
- Lead by example by demonstrating a high standard of professionalism and marketing expertise particularly in the influence of new hires and other hotel team members.
- Assists the Sonesta Corporate Marketing team members when appropriate with national and regional programs and strategy.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.