People are the heart of our company, and our doors are open to everyone. As a customer, as an employee – we are committed to creating an inspiring culture that is welcoming, safe and inclusive for all. Our strength in work and life comes from the combination of our experiences, backgrounds and talents. It’s what we do as people that makes Lands’ End a great place to shop and a great place to work.
Lands' End is looking for a SEO Manager to help transform the owned plan and augment reach. You will effectively collaborate across multiple internal teams including product, creative, brand & PR, content, ecommerce, metrics and data science to deliver the Lands’ End US SEO program to help grow brand awareness, new customers, and increase customer LTV. You are a creative, critical thinking leader and focused in your approach to plan development. You have thorough collaboration and technical SEO skills with a bias for action and the work ethic to advance the SEO team!
The SEO Manager is responsible for guiding the SEO team and accountable for the implementation of ecommerce SEO/content/link creating solutions for Lands' End (US). Demonstrated SEO plan ownership, project management and team guidance experience are essential, along with deep experience in online marketing. Staying on top of industry trends and search engine algorithms to inform new strategies is paramount.
- Nurture SEO optimization strategies to augment Lands’ End's target audience reach via an increase in search engine results on key nonbranded terms. Define measurable goals and track progress while translating the plan to tactical workstreams with the team. Partner cross functionally to bring strategies to life with a clear vision.
- Create meaningful internal relationships & consistent communication with cross-functional internal teams to promote awareness of programs, provide activity updates, and solicit feedback to deliver the right results for the business.
- Lead the SEO team with clear priorities, goals and workplans to ensure that they have the resources and support needed to be successful.
- Provide coaching, constructive feedback, development opportunities, and recognition to your team as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to develop high potential staff through involvement in new projects, expanded accountabilities, promotions, and/or transfers.
- Support the SEO budget management to include forecasting and invoice oversight. Help to track monthly expense variances to optimize forecasting practices and enable spend accountability. Oversee any external providers.
- Work with Consumer Insights, Experience and Data Science to understand the consumer base, roadblocks and opportunities for a data-driven initiatives.
- Partner with Paid Media, Social, Brand, and PR teams to align workstreams and content to the holistic plan.
- Provide direction on content, for compelling and high-quality website content, including landing pages, blog posts and page descriptions.
- Update content and website links for maximum optimization and search engine rankings.
- Monitor daily performance metrics to understand SEO strategy performance.
- Perform keyword and technical SEO research, continuous site auditing, and recommend on-page optimization based on business goals for both existing functionality and new opportunities.
- Develop “Executive ready” project deliverables and provide constant and clear communication of goals, status and results to all relevant stakeholders at various levels of the organization for key projects.
- Stay informed of trends and support the creation of competitive assessments to aid in developing near-mid-long-term strategies.
- Work closely with the content and development teams to create and optimize SEO-friendly content and landing pages.
- Conduct and present competitive analysis and industry research on a regular basis; analyze trends in the industry and competition; stay abreast of competitor strategies.
- Research and develop tactical strategies for content and tag development that are continuously enhanced.
- Explore external opportunities that we can utilize to improve our data and grow our audience reach.
- Work with the evergreen SEO team to improve our processes around scaling our strategies for SEO efforts like internal linking, achieving rich results, etc.
- Evangelizing and provide training for SEO across multiple departments, business groups and levels.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest SEO trends, strategies, and algorithm changes.
- Establish organization-wide SEO best practices, guidelines, and goals for other teams to adhere to.
- Partner with engineering and product to improve our SEO technology, identifying opportunities, requirements, and systems and reporting needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 5-7+ years of progressive experience in Digital Marketing, eCommerce, or a related field.
- 5 years of experience in successfully managing a SEO team, developing, and overseeing SEO campaigns.
- Demonstrated success leading teams to hit financial performance goals.
- Demonstrated understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods.
- Experience with SEO including: Google Search Console, SEMRush, Conductor, MOZ, or aHrefs.
- Experience in keyword research and data mining.
- Demonstrated capability to complete analyses of other companies within the industry.
- Comfortable analyzing and synthesizing high volumes of search data.
- Familiarity with eCommerce websites or other CMS content management systems.
- Experience with other aspects of marketing, such as paid media, creative and promotion, is a plus.
- Ability to operate in ambiguity, adapting to a changing environment to pivot scope and focus with ease.
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally with internal teams and external partners, including stakeholders at all levels, to strengthen results.
- Superb organization and guidance skills, including the capacity to guide multiple projects and teams at once.
- Meaningful communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to summarize and escalate issues.
- A thorough business acumen and commercially passionate mindset.