Debut is the unconventional innovation lab spearheading the next generation of big business. Only Debut has a scalable, integrated, climate-positive creation model powered by biotechnology that puts human wellbeing at the center of everything we do - setting the new standard for profitable business and a new pace for an ever-changing world. Our hybrid biotechnology approaches unlock latent markets, providing access to sustainably produced, natural ingredients with health benefits that cannot be obtained through other methods. We are committed to traversing the entire process, from ingredient discovery to the scaling of these products, for consumer markets. If you are passionate, enjoy fast-paced innovation and collaborative teams, then Debut is for you.
We aim to be a leader in the sustainable brands direct-to-consumer landscape, by always experimenting and evolving our practices to best serve our consumer community, drive increased growth and relevance, and be at the forefront of new consumer engagement vehicles.
Debut is seeking a Digital Marketing Associate Manager to help establish our D2C channel and support the launch of our first consumer brand in market. Your role is to strategize, support, and execute initiatives that drive new customer acquisition and retention. You'll be responsible for driving the customer experience and managing the overall user website experience. You'll also have a heavy hand in implementing entire campaigns from conception to end and manage campaign execution across all media channels including but not limited to: Email, SMS, Paid Social, Paid Search, and Affiliate. This is a key role within the organization that directly impacts sales performance and growth – the ideal candidate will have a positive attitude for continuous improvement and interest in the everchanging digital landscape.
The role reports to the Director of Ecommerce & Digital Marketing. We have a strong preference for candidates able to work in San Diego or Los Angeles. For the strongest candidates, would consider Remote, with regular travel required to San Diego.
- Support Ecommerce launch and drive success across acquisition/retention channels through a complete understanding of customer behavior; contributing to the optimization of creative story-telling and digital shopping experiences for new customers, emails, ad creative, landing page creative, quiz and offer optimization.
- Responsible for content setup and maintenance of D2C website, including promotions, campaigns and product launches.
- Responsible for day-to-day execution and management of email/SMS marketing as well as development of triggered campaign roadmap and targeted marketing campaigns, with a focus on driving user engagement and enhancing lifetime value.
- Demonstrate ownership of site content and experience, closely monitoring accuracy, functionality, and performance, catching problems, identifying improvements and working with development to resolve issues with a high level of urgency.
- Assist in the development of D2C campaigns from brief and creative development to deployment and testing.
- Working with Marketing Analytics Manager, implement customer segmentation (RFM, behavioral, demographic, attitudinal) to grow revenue and repeat rate through retention tactics (cross-sell, win-back initiatives, personalization and automation).
- Help D2C develop a highly functional, deeply integrated test-and-learn culture, iterating on the best creative and digital shopping funnel experiences to maximize efficient customer acquisition.
- Integrate data from a variety of sources into actionable marketing recommendations.
- Project management of new item launches or campaigns for D2C.
- Work cross-functionally to support marketing & D2C strategic projects.
- Serve as an agile and flexible resource on developing digital marketing initiatives.
Preferred Experience And Capabilities
- 2+ years of D2C digital marketing experience, preferably in Beauty or CPG
- Strong understanding of digital platforms, tools, techniques, and KPIs
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with an integrated, omnichannel mindset and a deep understanding of the current digital landscape and trends
- Shopify & Klaviyo experience required
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Empathy and openness to learning new techniques and from new perspectives
- Ability to work independently, comfort with navigating ambiguity, and energized by working in a fast-paced environment
- You are willing to travel as needed (anticipated 25%)
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 per year